There are two utilities that can help discard unused blocks so that VMs can be shrunk. zerofree finds unused blocks with non-zero content in ext2, ext3 and ext4 filesystems and fills them with zeros. The volume can’ be mounted which makes the process of running it a bit convoluted. fstrim will discard unused blocks on… Read More »
- SEC and SolarWinds – An opportunity to do better?
- Ubuntu: apt upgrades failing with “Cannot initiate the connection to ports.ubuntu.com”
- Ubuntu: apt error message “Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring”
- Linux: Booting in single-user mode
- ZFS ‘Failed to start Mark current ZSYS boot as successful’ fix