Setting up an NTP server chrony is the default service on newer OS releases (Red Hat 7.2 and later, any recent Ubuntu release). chrony has several advantages over ntpd: Quicker synchronisation. Better response to changes in clock frequency (very useful for VMs). Periodic polling of time servers isn’t required. It lacks some features like broadcast,… Read More »
- SEC and SolarWinds – An opportunity to do better?
- Ubuntu: apt upgrades failing with “Cannot initiate the connection to ports.ubuntu.com”
- Ubuntu: apt error message “Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring”
- Linux: Booting in single-user mode
- ZFS ‘Failed to start Mark current ZSYS boot as successful’ fix