Sometimes if your system restarts unexpectedly Spotlight stops working as expected. In this particular case it won’t show any Applications on the results despite the settings on System Preferences. This will happen even if you disable and re-enable Spotlight through the GUI. The solution is do it via the CLI. Stop Spotlight indexing: Stop Spotlight:… Read More »
- SEC and SolarWinds – An opportunity to do better?
- Ubuntu: apt upgrades failing with “Cannot initiate the connection to ports.ubuntu.com”
- Ubuntu: apt error message “Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring”
- Linux: Booting in single-user mode
- ZFS ‘Failed to start Mark current ZSYS boot as successful’ fix