Sometimes a process is taking a lot of CPU time and it isn’t clear what the cause is. For example, at times it is common to see the kworker process consuming a lot of CPU. kworker is a placeholder process for kernel worker threads. These threads perform most of the actual processing for the kernel… Read More »
- SEC and SolarWinds – An opportunity to do better?
- Ubuntu: apt upgrades failing with “Cannot initiate the connection to ports.ubuntu.com”
- Ubuntu: apt error message “Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring”
- Linux: Booting in single-user mode
- ZFS ‘Failed to start Mark current ZSYS boot as successful’ fix